Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tokyo: Asia Girls Explosion


(one of Yoshiki's "Yoshikimonos." Photo © Shizuo Kambayashi)
Yoshiki presented his new line "Yoshikimono" at Asia Girls Explosion, which he co-produced and hosted this past weekend in Tokyo.



(© AGE)
The line paid homage to his parents who ran a kimono shop during his youth.
Yoshiki says "It is a tradition in Japan that the eldest male takes on the family business, but I rebelled and got into rock'nroll. With the Yoshikimono line, I feel I'm keeping my parents' dream alive."
Sounds pretty cool, right?


(© Shizuo Kambayashi)
Marilyn Manson was also in attendance, and walked the runway.
"When we came up with the concept for AGE, the first person I thought of was Marilyn Manson," said Yoshiki. "He is the fashion icon in rock'n'roll, and I'm very excited he agreed to be part of the show."


(© AGE)
So what do you guys think? Would you wear Yoshikimono?

4 comments:

  1. There's a part of me that says yes, yes I would. What comes of being a goth loli Japanophile, I suppose... XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That outfit at the top of the page is fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DuskRose_Dreaming: Haha, yes. I think I would have to try one out just for the fun of it.

    @Alexandriaweb: I think there might be leopard spots on it (red one red ones), which I thought was very cool. I think it's pretty ace too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of love the first and last pictures.
    Those outfits are beast.

    <3 K

    ReplyDelete